[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Forum Italie 1935-45 • Consulter le sujet - Book Project: The Occupation of Kufra / L'Occupazione di Cuf

Book Project: The Occupation of Kufra / L'Occupazione di Cuf

Cette section consacrée aux opérations de l'armée italienne entre 1911 et 1934 permet de dresser le cadre de la situation à la vieille du conflit italo-éthiopien.

Book Project: The Occupation of Kufra / L'Occupazione di Cuf

Message par Kuno » 16 Mai 2010, 15:31

Dear Colleague;

On 19 January 1931, the last stronghold of the Libyan freedom fighters was conquered by the Italians. In the same year, the Governo della Tripolitania e Cirenaica has published an A4 size 175 pages thick book “L’ Occupazione di Cufra”, which contains as well maps and photographs of the operation. In the same year, the author Dante Maria Tuninetti published his A5 size 180 pages book “Il Mistero di Cufra” containing again lots of photographs which were not yet shown in the first book. Both these books were only published in Italian language and are rare finds in the bookshops today.

Now, I could use the lucky occasion to obtain some 60 original photographs (with captions on their back) about the military operation against Kufra. A few of these photos are already shown in the book of Tuninetti but the rest is not shown in neither of the two above mentioned publications.

Whilst I have not the intention to publish a big book about the conquest of Kufra in the style our book “Incident at Jebel Sherif” was done, I thought it might be worth to prepare a pure photo-book containing scans of the 60 contemporary photographs. I think for something like this:

• Format: A4, Landscape
• Pages: 32
• Photos / Page: 2 (plus original caption and translation into English language)
• Maps: 1 (showing the battle)
• Text: Only a very short introduction

I do not presume that there is even a small “niche” for such book and therefore only a very limited print run would be realistic. Such naturally means that the cost / copy would be fairly high – I actually did not calculate it yet…

I address to you because I thought it advisable to investigate, if there would be a certain interest amongst enthusiasts. I would be glad, if you could drop me a note telling your opinion about such project.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance.
Kuno
Caporale

Message(s) : 66

Re: Book Project: The Occupation of Kufra / L'Occupazione di

Message par Kuno » 23 Mai 2010, 21:36

So. After some cnsidering I came to a new conclusion. The size of the book shall be 17 x 22 centimetres and it shall contain 80 pages. The cover could look like this then:

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/15/24/09/42/occupa14.jpg

Kuno
Caporale

Message par Kuno » 23 Mai 2010, 21:37

The feedback I got clearly showed that this is something for a very small niche...

Anyhow. I think that I will do it. Now it shall be 17 x 22 cm and shall contain 80 pages.
Kuno
Caporale

Message par Kuno » 30 Juillet 2010, 13:45

Project is growing. After we got some 30 more original photos, we reach now at 96 pages and about 90 original photos in total.
Kuno
Caporale

Message par fredl109 » 30 Juillet 2010, 14:57

C'est avec impatience que l'on va attendre la sortie de ton livre Kuno.
Amitiés Fred :D :D :D :D
fredl109
Maresciallo d'Italia

Message(s) : 1062

Message par Aymeric » 30 Juillet 2010, 16:19

Hello Kuno,
I think this is a very interesting project as there are not a lot of books on the subjects. It could be usefuls both for the historians and for the modellers as it could give them some ideas for their dioramas.
Best regards,
Aymeric
Aymeric
Administrateur

Message(s) : 1822

Message par cedric mas » 30 Juillet 2010, 19:44

Il me semble que notre ami Giuseppe avait un splendide album sur cette période non ?

CM
cedric mas
Maresciallo d'Italia

Message(s) : 2337

Message par Kuno » 31 Juillet 2010, 07:57

There are contemporary Italian publications about the occupation of Kufra. However; I do not intend to write a big history-book. The "Kufra Project" was more thaught as a photographic documentation about that operation.
Kuno
Caporale

Message par giuseppe » 01 Août 2010, 17:42

giuseppe
Tenente colonnello

Message(s) : 337

Message par Kuno » 01 Août 2010, 17:48

C'est vrai - ca c'est Giarabub. Malheuresement ces structures / maisons n'existe plus. Ils ont ete demolisez pendat les ans 1970 / 1980.
Kuno
Caporale

Suivant

Retour vers Préambule (1911-1934)